Career and College Office » Work Permits

Work Permits

In order to get a Work Permit, applications need to be printed and completely filled out by yourself, your employeer and your parent or guardian, then it is to be brought to the Main Office for processing. It is best to turn it in early in the day, such as during nutrition if you need it the same day. You will need a current photo I.D. for your work permit to be issued. Entertainment Work Permits must follow the same guidelines as above.

The Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for a Work Permit - Certificate of Age (CDE Form B1-1) can be printed from the file attached.

During school vacations Work Permits can be processed at the Work Experience Education office at Beaudry on the 25th floor. There will be signs leading to their office in the building. Their office hours are from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday; there is no need for an appointment. You can also contact their office for more information at (213) 241-7053 or .

In terms of what to bring to Beaudry, students and their parents can get more information at the following link:

If you have any further questions, please contact:

José Artiles
LAUSD Work Experience Education Administrator
LAUSD Central Office- Work Experience Education Office, 25th Floor
Office of Curriculum, Instruction and School Support
(213) 241-7053- Office
(213) 241-3390- FAX