Join us this Monday, January 10 at 6 PM to go over the latest updates for spring semester at The Land, including what the District’s new guidelines for COVID exposure management means for our Cavaliers.
Zoom Webinar: https://lausd.zoom.us/j/83498647157_________________
- Cleveland will serve as a COVID-19 testing site Tuesday, January 4 through Friday, January 7 from 8 AM to 4 PM. Testing will be available for all LAUSD students and staff in our Library. If you do not have an appointment, make sure to arrive and be in line no later than 3:30 PM.
- Monday, January 10 is now a pupil-free day for students.
- The first day of spring semester for students is Tuesday, January 11.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
What if I can't make it to Cleveland this week to get a baseline test?
You may access the list of all LAUSD testing sites and make an appointment for any of the other sites at lausd.net/covidtestingappt or by calling (213) 443-1300. Appointments are encouraged, but they are not necessary. Walk-ins are welcome.
COVID-19 at-home rapid self-tests are available for K-12 students. The free at-home COVID-19 rapid self-tests are available for pickup on Friday, January 7 and Saturday, January 8 from 8 AM to 12 PM at any of the District's Grab & Go sites. Each student may receive two self-tests. Please visit lausd.net/covid for a map of pickup locations.
What if I tested positive within the past 90 days?
You are exempt from testing for 90 days after you test positive for COVID-19. This means you do not have to test for 90 days. BUT, if you took your test outside of an LAUSD site, to come to school on Tuesday, January 11, you must upload your positive test result onto Daily Pass (dailypass.lausd.net) under "Submit External Non-LAUSD COVID-19 PCR Test Result" (above where you click to get the Daily Pass QR code). After you do this, the District's Community Engagement Team will contact you to verify the results and then input your exemption from testing into the Daily Pass system so you do not have to test again for 90 days.
What if my baseline test result is Inconclusive or Invalid?
You will have to take another test.
What if I tested positive or have been exposed to COVID 19?
If you have been exposed to COVID-19 or test positive, contact the Community Engagement Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-725-5637. CE can also give you information about isolation and quarantine guidelines.
After the baseline test, will students and staff have to continue to test each week at school?
Weekly testing will continue for all students and employees through the month of January.
Do students and staff have to wear masks at school?
Masking will be required at all times, indoors and outdoors, while on campus. It is strongly recommended that all students wear well-fitting, non-cloth masks with a nose wire. All employees are required to wear surgical grade masks or higher.
Do students and staff have to create a QR code each day?
Daily Pass health screening will be required for everyone entering the campus.
If I test positive for COVID-19, do I isolate for 5 or 10 days now?
Effective Monday, January 10, 2022, individuals who test positive may be released from isolation on Day 6, provided any symptoms are improving, they are fever-free for the past 24 hours without fever-reducing medication, and they have a negative (antigen) test result from a test taken on or after Day 5.
What is a "close contact"?
A “close contact” is defined as the following:
- A person who was within six feet of a positive case for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period during the positive case’s infectious period (48 hours prior to the date of the test if asymptomatic or the date of symptom onset, whichever came first), even if non-medical face masks were worn during the exposure.
- A person who had unprotected contact with the positive case’s body fluids and/or secretions is also considered a close contact.
If I am identified as a close contact and am fully vaccinated, do I have to quarantine?
Individuals who are fully vaccinated (including a booster, if eligible) are exempt from quarantine. All other individuals are subject to quarantine protocols; students may be eligible for modified quarantine. In order to remain in school, close contacts who are exempt from quarantine are still required to test on or after Day 5 after the date of last exposure.
Effective January 10, 2022, the following individuals are not required to quarantine if they are identified as a close contact, provided they are asymptomatic:
- Fully vaccinated individuals who are eligible for and have received a booster;
- Vaccinated individuals who are not yet eligible for a booster;
- Students and employees who have recovered from laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 within the last 90 days.
Is it true that students who are unvaccinated no longer have to quarantine for 10 days?
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health allows for asymptomatic students who are identified as close contacts to participate in modified quarantine ("Test to Stay"), in which exposed students continue to attend school in-person unless they develop symptoms or test positive. LAUSD schools will implement modified quarantine for those who qualify effective the week of January 10, 2022.
- The exposure occurred in a school setting.
- The exposure to infection occurred in a school setting where students were supervised by school staff (i.e. classroom, school grounds with school staff present, school bus).
- The school can verify that both the infected student and the student identified as a close contact were mask compliant during the entire period of exposure, including outdoor exposure (masks must have been completely covering the individuals’ nose and mouth).
- The exposure occurred in a school that does not have a confirmed active outbreak, as determined by LACDPH.
- Los Angeles Unified’s Isolation Protocols for Students and Employees_Jan 2022.pdf
- Info Mtg 01-10-22.pdf
- Info Mtg 1.10.2022 Final.pdf
- Updated Quarantine Procedures.pdf
- Los Angeles Unified's Quarantine Protocols for Students and Employees_Jan 2022.pdf.pdf
- DP Uploading External COVID Test Record (English_Spanish).pdf
- DP + Case Notification Subscription (English_Spanish) (1).pdf